Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Zig Zag Pattern

This pattern is beautiful. But it takes forever, and I don't think I will ever make another one. It took me two months to make this baby blanket. I have never worked on a project that long. But if you have a lot of time on your hands, and would like to make a beautiful blanket, give this pattern a try!

Zig Zag Stripes:

Gauge isn't critical. use and size hook you are comfortable with. I like to use an H.

To make your foundation, chain a multiple of 13. Yes. Any multiple of 13. I think I used 156, but I can't remember...

Now, add 4 more chain stitches to this.

Begin in the second chain from your hook. single crochet in the second chain, and the next. Skip 1 chain. Single crochet in the next five stitches. *Work 3 single crochets into the next chain, and single crochet in the next 5 stitches.* Repeat from "*" all the way until there are 3 stitches left. Skip one, and single crochet into the next two.

Do this in every row. BUT, instead of working through both loops of a stitch, like normal crochet, only work through the first loop. This makes a really cool rippled effect, but takes FOREVER!

If you give this pattern a try, let me know. I would love to see pictures of your finished projects!

♥Autumn

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm working on a blanket like this for my dolls. I'm almost finished!!

Kyleian said...

Autumn - what size is the blanket?
How much yarn did it use?

I'm looking into making one... but yarn is difficult to get over here, so I'll have to bring some back this summer.