Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cake Decorating

Last year, Stacie came over and spent the night at my house. We decided to decorate a cake, and made the below one, in honor of the play that we met each other in.

I took a cake decorating class this spring. At the end of the class, we had the opportunity to decorate a cake. Since it was right around St. Patrick's Day, I decorated with a clover.
Cake decorating is really fun, but hard. It took me forever to get a cake to look like the above ones. And trust me, they weren't perfect!
I'd love to see some of your creations!

Autumn

6 comments:

Karin said...

those look both pretty and yummy - awesome combination :)

Erica said...

Those are both cute! I also took a cake decorating class and LOVED it, however, I have arthritis in my hands and it makes my hands hurt so bad. I ended up giving all my stuff to my sisters and now I'm sad I did. They lost/broke it all, and now I don't have it for those few occasions when I wish I did!!! Someday I'll get back into it. It just costs a lot to get all that stuff!!

Erin said...

Wow!! Those are great...the decorating looks so professional! :OD

Stacie said...

That was so much fun making the cake with you! I think it turned out pretty good!
I love your St. Patrick's Day cake! It is so cute.

I love cake decorating. It is so much fun!

See ya!

Everly Pleasant said...

Wow, how cool!
Were y'all starring in the play or just watching?
Either way, I love that play (or at least the movie) and you two are great at decorating cakes!
Everly

Stacie said...

Thanks, Every Pleasant!

We both acted in the play. We were both in the nun chorus singing 2nd Soprano. I was Sister Margaretta and Autumn was a postulant. We had so much fun together! We became best friends! We were 12 back then. I love that play too!